Due to legal requirements associated with ANBI recognised foundations we provide the following information:
- Stichting Koorschool Noord Nederland, Postbus 144, 9300 AC Roden
- Visiting address: Terheylsterweg 1, 9311 PZ Nieuw- Roden
- Chamber of Commerce registration: Kamer van Koophandel Meppel, 41019825
- ING-bank: NL74 INGB 0003 156 135
Headlines of the 2016 – 2020 policy plan
The Koorschool Noord Nederland (The Choir School of the Northern Netherlands) identifies itself with the following key terms:
QUALTIY: this is the first key word within the activities of the choir school. The choir school aims to attain (at least) a semi-professional level of making music. We wish to give talented children the opportunity to be able to develop themselves optimally in a musical sense. Any continuation on to a conservatory should be able to progress smoothly. Safeguarding this quality demands a continuous alertness.
DISTINCTIVE: the choir school distinguishes itself by adhering to the Anglican tradition. This expresses itself though repertoire, sound build-up of the choir, presentation and style. Both the Roden Boys’ Choir and the Roden Girl Choristers are moulded from the British example. It is important to hold on to this tradition and to feed it by regularly visiting the United Kingdom to drink at the source.
DEVELOPMENT FOCUSED: the choir school has its own educational method for training the boys and girls: ‘Een Leven Lang Zingen’ (‘A lifetime of singing’). We would very much like to bring in large groups of boys and girls who start the programme with this method using the cimbalom. Talented pupils can continue on to the B-choir from which a further selection takes place to join the A-choir. During their time in the B-choir the girls and boys follow the teaching method and get a taste for joining in singing with the A-choir.
COMMITMENT: we attach a lot of value to the mutual involvement of all choristers and their parents. This is necessary to attain the ambitious level. The choir members can thus let their talents flourish in a safe environment, within a context that is created by many volunteers (in particular parents) together with the professional artistic directors.
Remuneration of board en artistic direction
- None of the board members or volunteers receive any reward
- There are no persons employed
- The artistic director receives remuneration as a free-lancer based on lessons and rehearsals given.
- The organist receives a fixed amount of € 250 per concert
- The business administrator only receives compensation for costs incurred.
- There is a reimbursement scheme for travel costs incurred.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses can also be declared
- Administration is carried out without remuneration by an administrative assistant attached to the choir school.
- Yearly accounts are made by an accounting organisation
The Stichting Koorschool Noord Nederland has five sources of income:
- Revenues from concerts
- Singing lessons
Costs are incurred as follows:
- Artistic direction (no employed persons)
- Rent for the ‘Kapel’ in Nieuw-Roden
- Organisation of concerts (hire, advertisements, out-sourced work, social media)
- Office costs
- General business
The balance sheet as per 31 December 2016 and the profit and loss statement of 2016 can be perused by clicking here. For the Financial Review 2016, please click here. If you have any questions or anything is unclear you may contact the treasurer of the board directly.